Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blinded by the White

The baby's room is all painted! Our friend (with BD's help) did an awesome job (and spent lots of hours) fixing and patching and sanding and priming and painting the walls. The walls are yellow (exactly the yellow I was picturing in my mind, which like, NEVER happens with me and paint), and the trim is orange. VERY ORANGE. In a good way, though. It was rather overwhelming before the walls were yellow and the furniture was back in place, but now? AWESOME. I love that it's not overly girly, but super cute.

My mom had offered to get us wood blinds for the baby's room, so we ordered some white bamboo ones on Sunday, and they arrived today. Unfortunately, since nothing else in the room is white (the furniture is all dark wood) they look horribly out of place.

So, BD is off to see if he can exchange them for a darker wood variety. Let it be known that he wanted darker wood ones in the first place, and I said that no, we needed to get white ones, because it needs to be a bright and sunshiney room for our little sunshine (gag, I know) and the dark wood will make it gloomy!

Alas, A MAN WAS RIGHT. Mark your calendars, folks. ;p

1 comment: