Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a Girl!

We had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday that went delightfully well. My blood pressure is still great, my weight gain is on track, and all is well in pregnancy land. The doctor told us we could have our routine 2nd trimester ultrasound (a.k.a. Anatomy Scan) anytime; so when we were told that the next available ultrasound appointment was the very next day (Wednesday) we took it!

On the way to the ultrasound BD and I had a little talk with the babe, saying that it's okay to show your bits to mommy and daddy and medical professionals, so don't be afraid to show them off today, just don't show them to strangers.

Well, apparently she understood, because she spent most of the ultrasound with her ankles over her head, showing off that she is, indeed, a girl. Several times she turned to flash her girly bits while the songrapher was trying to get other views! That's my girl! :)

The ultrasound was such a powerful, amazing experience. BD and I were completely in awe, holding each other's hands tighter than ever, watching our precious little baby up on the screen. Getting to see her move around a bit (so cute when she got startled by the ultrasound wand!) was the coolest. When the ultrasound started, she had her hand in front of her face. It was like she was checking it out, like "what the heck is this thing?", then she waved it around a bit.

When the sonographer got the money shot and started typing "IT'S A GIRL" on the screen (we had told her beforehand that we wanted to find out), we both just lost it and started blubbering all over the place. Of course, I would be thrilled to pieces with either gender, since I think BD and I would raise the kind of young man this world needs more of, but I've always, always, always wanted a daughter. BD is over the moon too, and looking forward to having a daddy's girl dancing around on top of his feet. :)

As we walked out from the appointment, I asked BD what he was thinking, and he responded "If it were a boy, I'd only have one dick to worry about. Now I've gotta worry about all the dicks in the world!" I said "Well.....maybe she'll be gay!" to which he responded "She better be!". Yes, that's right folks, it doesn't take gay parents to raise gay children. Just over-protective dads and open-minded moms. ;) (I kid, of course; our daughter has our blessing to love whomever she deems fit, male or female.)

Our daughter. My, that has a beautiful ring to it.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful story of how you found out...I am so happy for you and the BD...

    ReplyDelete