Saturday, May 16, 2009

I hope I'm not as neglectful of my child as I've been of this blog!

Wow, it's been almost 2 months since I posted!

To be honest, the remainder of my first trimester was rather uneventful. I gained a little weight, and that's about it! I was blessed to escape the horrors of morning/night/all-day sickness. I took lots of naps. I behaved myself.

Booooooring!

Now that I'm in the second trimester, it seems a little more real and less scary.

On May 6th, we heard our little nugget's heartbeat for the first time. It was an incredible experience, so much so that I can hardly describe it. I, of course, burst out laughing when the Dr. found the heartbeat; my laughter sounded really loud and crazy on the doppler, which made me laugh even harder, and then he had to start all over again to find the heartbeat! I managed to keep it together for long enough for him to get the rate: 150 bpm. A strong and solid heartbeat indeed. BD had tears in eyes. He is so precious. :)

Later that night, BD told me how proud he was of me and what a good job I was doing growing our little babe. He is so sweet and supportive; I'm a lucky broad! Last night he told me I was glowing. I asked if he meant that I looked sweaty, and he said "No, you look really beautiful." He then proceeded to marvel at how shallow my belly button is already becoming, and how he can't fit his finger in it very deep at all anymore.

Yesterday, I switched from my standard navel jewelry to my pregnancy piercing: http://www.pregnancypiercings.com/. I had a dream the night before that my navel ring hole tore open, and it was super grody. So, I made the switch.

I started a paper journal to write to baby, all the sappy, mushy, gooshy things I'm thinking. We've been working on names, and OH how people love to give feedback on the names we've chosen! Most of the feedback has been positive, quite honestly, which is nice. :) We cannot WAIT to find out what our little nugget has between his/her legs. It's getting exhausting referring to him/her as him/her, it, our little nugget, cletus the fetus, the baby and so on.

This is a very boring update. See, this is why I haven't bothered. :p

2 comments: