Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's aliiiive!

I'm not dead and I have neither abandoned nor forgot about my blog. I've simply been very, very busy and attempting to be responsible with my priorities.

The main source of busy-ness has been that BD and I got hitched! After being engaged for 15 months, all of a sudden the wedding was like, a month away, and then it was like, a week away, and then it was like, tomorrow, and now it was like, a week ago!

It was a beautifully perfect, lovely day. Everything fell right into place, and we are so grateful to all of our friends who pitched in to make sure everything was marvelous for us. We are surrounded by a remarkable, generous, loving, supportive group of close friends and family, and I've been using the word "blessed" a lot in reference to this.

In other busy news, I'm getting back into the swing of school, and am doing my best to work ahead and do extra projects since I'll be, y'know, giving birth at some point in the semester. My teachers are extremely understanding and confident in my ability to keep up with my work. One of them even mentioned that she would "look the other way" were a baby to attend her class. When I mentioned that I would be breastfeeding, and that the wee one would likely have to eat at some point during the 3 hour long class, she said that I could go into one of the video labs to take care of business and she'd hang a "Beware of Boobs" sign on the door. Ah, the benefits of attending (and paying out the ass for) a small, private college.

In pregnancy news, it seems like I'm going to the doctor a lot these days. Everything is going along rather un-remarkably, which is a good things in terms of my plans for a drug and intervention free water birth.

The hormones have been a-ragin' as was quite evident in an episode that occured yesterday. This weekend kicked off Oktoberfest, a very well-known festival in MyTown in which we celebrate German traditions and heritage (by which I mean, the entire town gets disgustingly intoxicated for a week straight). BD was giving me a hard time when I was complaining about how obnoxious and gross all the drunk people are, since, were I not with child, I'd be out-obnoxious-ing and out-grossing the best of them.

ANYWAY, I was watching the big kick-off parade on television, and as one of the local marching bands went by on the screen, I started blubbering uncontrollably and COULD NOT STOP. Why, you ask? Because I found myself wondering if in another 15 years, our precious little sunshine will be marching in the parade, and we will be among the proud parents watching her march by with a camera in one hand and a beer in the other. Then I got to wondering what intstrument she might play, or will she be a baton twirler? Cheerleader? (BD was adamant that she will NOT be a cheerleader, but whose to say?)

I was seriously all choked up and in tears for like, 20 minutes. Thank you, hormones.

We have no more classes to attend (thank goodness) and cannot believe that we will most likely be bringing a tiny human being into the world at some point in the next 5-9 weeks. That's only 5 to 9 of the period of time that has lapsed since our wedding last weekend, which was barely more than the blink of an eye. I get to meet my little girl in 5-9 blinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment